Privacy Statement – Data protection
In the following we would like to inform you about the data protection on our website as well as about the type, scope and purpose of the personal data that are collected and processed. We would also like to inform you about your rights to which you are entitled. Data protection is very important to us.
Responsible for privacy protection/ processing entity is
Dr. Volker Herold
Accessing the website – processing of personal data and the type and purpose of use
When you call up our website you transmit (due to a technical necessity) data to our web server via your Internet browser. The following data are processed in the server log files during an ongoing connection for the communication between your internet browser and our web server:
- Site, from where the file was requested – Referrer URL
- the name of the requested file
- the date and time of the request
- a description of the type of web browser used / browser version and operating system
- IP address of the requesting computer
- access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.)
- Transmitted data volume
For technical reasons (access to the website), this data is temporarily stored. It is not possible for us to draw any conclusions about individual persons based on this data. The IP addresses will be deleted or anonymized after 7 days at the latest.
The data is only evaluated for internal statistical purposes and does not allow us to draw any conclusions about you personally. A comparison with other databases does not take place.
The data mentioned are processed for the following purposes:
- ensuring a proper and smooth connection to the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of the website,
- evaluation of system security and stability of the website
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. The legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
You can visit the website without providing any personal information.
Cookies – Shopping Cart
We use technically necessary cookies in the WooCommerce shopping cart on our website. Cookies are small files that your browser automatically creates and that are stored on your end device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit our website. Cookies do not cause any damage to your end device and do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
Information is stored in the cookie, which results in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity. Cookies do not contain any personal data and can therefore not be assigned directly to any user.
We use session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages on our website. These cookies are automatically deleted after you close your browser. In addition, we use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specific period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again. These cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time.
- Cookie name: woocommerce_cart_hash, provider www.intensive-care-medicine-book.com, session expiration
- Cookie name: wp_woocommerce_session_, provider www.intensive-care-medicine-book.com, expires after 2 days
- Cookie name: woocommerce_items_in_cart, provider www.intensive-care-medicine-book.com, session expiration
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Each browser manages the cookie settings differently. How to deactivate cookies or change settings is described in the help menus of your browser (see also technical information at the end of this data protection declaration). The complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR and for the proper execution of the shopping cart according to Art 6 Para 1 S 1 lit a GDPR.
Use of data when registering for the shop account
We collect personal data you provide to us as part of your order, when you contact us (e.g. via the contact form or email), or when you open a customer account.
If you register as a new customer, we will save your customer data for future orders. By registering with us, you will be able to order faster by logging into your password-protected customer account, you will always know the status of your orders and will always have an up-to-date overview of your previous orders. Which data is collected can be seen from the respective input forms.
We use the data provided by you only for contract processing and processing your inquiries. After finally answering your request, completely processing the contract or deleting your customer account, your data will be blocked for further use and deleted after the tax and commercial retention periods have expired.
Your customer account can be deleted at any time and can be done by sending us a message. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a, b GDPR.
Data transfer to payment service providers when ordering goods
To fulfil the contract, we pass on your data to the company commissioned with the payment, insofar as this is necessary for the payment of ordered goods.
On our website we offer payment via PayPal. The provider of this payment service is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter “PayPal”).
The transmission of your data to PayPal is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR (consent) and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR (processing to fulfil a contract). You have the option to revoke your consent to data processing at any time. A revocation does not affect the effectiveness of past data processing operations.
Further data protection information can be found in the PayPal data protection principles at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full .
Data processing for the purpose of shipping processing
For the purpose of fulfilling the contract in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR, we will forward your data to the shipping service provider commissioned with the delivery, to the extent necessary for the delivery of the ordered goods.
Transmission of data to shipping service providers for the purpose of shipping notification
We might forward your email address to the selected shipping service provider so that they can contact you before delivery for the purpose of delivery notification or coordination. The consent can be revoked at any time by sending a message to the shipping service provider at the contact address listed below.
DHL Paket GmbH
Hermes Germany GmbH
Essener Straße 89
On our website we use the SSL-process (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the respective highest level of encryption supported by your browser. You can recognise if an individual page of our website is transmitted in an encrypted fashion by the locked depiction of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Apart from that we apply appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved according to technological developments.
Processing/ Disclosure of Data
A disclosure of your personal data towards third parties for purposes other than the ones mentioned above or below does not take place.
We only pass on your data to third parties if:
- You have given your explicit consent to it according to Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit a GDPR,
- this is permitted by law and according to Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR necessary for the performance of a contract or for the performance of measures prior to entering into a contract with you,
- in the case that according to Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR there is a legal obligation for us to do so,
- if according to Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right:
- according to Art. 15 GDPR obtain information from us about the personal data on you we have processed.
- according to Art. 16 GDPR request the immediate correction of incorrect data or the completion of your personal data stored by us;
- according to Art. 17 GDPR request the erasure of your personal data stored by us insofar as the processing thereof is not necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of the public interest or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- according to Art. 18 GDPR obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data in as far as the accuracy of the data is contested by you, their processing is unlawful, but the erasure thereof opposed by you, and we no longer need the data, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or according to Art 21 GDPR you have objected to the processing of the data;
- according to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request their transmittal to another person responsible;
- according to Art. 7 Abs. 3 GDPR withdraw their consent given to us at any time. This has the consequence that in the future we no longer have the right to process the data, once consented to;
- according to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general you can turn to the supervisory authority at the place of your habitual residence or workplace or our place of business. A list of data protection officers as well as their contact data can be found under the following link: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
Right to Objection
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data pertaining to you taking place according to Article 6 Par. 1 lit e or f, due to reasons arising from your special situation. After objection by you we no longer process your personal data, except for the case in which we can prove compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights or freedoms, or their processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you want to make use of your right of objection an email to us suffices.
Changes to this Privacy Statement – Date
By developing our website and offers via the same further or due to changed legal or official requirements it can become necessary to make changes to this privacy statement in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. The respective current privacy statement can at any time be called up by you on our website under Privacy Statement and printed out.
Dated: June 2020