The book is designed to make you fit for the management of critically ill patients (especially of COVID-19 patients) in the intensive care unit. It contains all the basics of critical care medicine (airway management, ventilation principles and ventilation techniques, weaning, tracheotomy, analgosedation, catecholamine therapy, hemodynamic monitoring, shock, nutrition, resuscitation, ECMO, acute coronary snydrome, cardiogenic shock, cardiac arrhythmias, extracorporeal circulatory support, sepsis, ARDS) and also a separate detailed chapter on COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
Available as e-book. The picture shows a conceptual visualization of the digital product.
10th edition (1st English edition)
777 pages, 968 figures, 120 tables
Author: Dr. med. Volker Herold
- training as an internist and cardiologist
- additional designation emergency medicine
- senior emergency physician in the emergency medical service (specialist certificate)
- senior physician of Clinic for Internal Medicine, St. Joseph Hospital Regensburg / Germany
- head of the compact course in intensive care medicine
Basics of Intensive Care Medicine
- practical presentation for the clinician (“from practitioner for practitioner”)
- textbook and reference book
- no multi-author book (“made from one piece”)
- ideal for the preparation for the exam
- everything compact and clear for daily work in the intensive care unit
- didactically clearly structured
- The book conveys the latest and current status in Internal Intensive Care Medicine.
- Numerous illustrations, schemes and memos are intended to make reading and learning easier.
- Among all ICU books bestseller Lehmanns Media in Germany since 2017