The book is designed to make you fit for the management of critically ill patients (among other things of COVID-19 patients) in the intensive care unit. It contains all topics of critical care medicine (airway management, ventilation principles and ventilation techniques, weaning, tracheotomy, chest tube [thoracic drainage], analgosedation, catecholamine therapy, hemodynamic monitoring, shock, nutrition, resuscitation, sepsis, ECMO, acute kidney injury, renal replacement therapy, acute coronary syndrome, cardiogenic shock, extracorporeal circulatory support, cardiac arrhythmias, inflammatory heart diseases [endocarditis, myocarditis, pericarditis], hypertensive crisis, pulmonary embolism, acute aortic syndrom, ARDS, pulmonary hypertension, acute right heart failure, obstructive lung diseases [status asthmaticus, exacerbated COPD], interstitial lung diseases, bronchial hemorrhage), gastrointestinal bleeding, acute pancreatitis, gastrointestinal atony, complications of liver cirrhosis, acute liver failure, acute mesenteric ischemia, pneumonia, multi-drug-resistant organisms, skin and soft tissue infections, fungal infections (mycoses), malaria, endocrinological emergencies, disorders of the electrolytes, disorders of the acid-base balance, blood products, DIC, hyerfibrinolysis, HIT, ITP, thrombotic microangiopathies, oncological emergencies, stroke, intracranial hemorrhage, status epilepticus, meningitis, brain death (irreversible loss of brain function), organ donation, neuromuscular diseases, crises in movement disorders, toxicology, electrical / drowning / diving accidents, hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat stroke), ethics & law and also a separate detailed chapter on COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
Available as e-book. The picture shows a conceptual visualization of the digital product.
2nd English edition of the complete book (last update November 2021)
1660 pages, 1876 figures, 172 tables
Author: Dr. med. Volker Herold
- training as an internist and cardiologist
- additional designation emergency medicine
- senior emergency physician in the emergency medical service (specialist certificate)
- senior physician of Clinic for Internal Medicine, St. Joseph Hospital Regensburg / Germany
- head of the compact course in intensive care medicine
Intensive and Critical Care Medicine E-Book
- practical presentation for the clinician (“from practitioner for practitioner”)
- textbook and reference book
- no multi-author book (“made from one piece”)
- ideal for the preparation for the exam
- everything compact and clear for daily work in the intensive care unit
- didactically clearly structured
- The book conveys the latest and current status in Intensive Care Medicine.
- Numerous illustrations, schemes and memos are intended to make reading and learning easier.
- Among all ICU books bestseller Lehmanns Media in Germany since 2017